Monday 23 October 2023

Present perfect with time adverbials

 We often use the present perfect with adverbials which refer to the recent past:

recently, just, only just.

Scientists have recently discovered a new breed of monkey.
We have just got back from our holidays.

or adverbials which include the present:

so far     until now     up to now
ever 
(in questions)
yet (in questions and negatives)

Have you ever seen a ghost?
Where have you been up to now?
A: Have you finished your homework yet?
B: No, so far I've only done my history.

After a clause with the present perfect we often use a clause with since to show when something started in the past:

I've worked here since I left school.
I've been watching that programme every week since it started.

Make up 3 sentences in Present Perfect with time adverbials and post them below. 

 


3 comments:

  1. I have already completed my homework.

    They have never visited that museum before.

    She has yet to receive a response to her job application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on this project since last month.

    I have recently finished reading that novel.

    She has just graduated from university.









    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I have just finished reading a fascinating book.
    2) We have already visited the museum and now we are going to the cafe.
    3) They have never seen such a beautiful sunset before.

    ReplyDelete

Angelina Jolie receives the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award at the 2013 Governors Awards

  Watch the interview and answer the question: What problem does Angelina raise in her acceptance speech?