Monday 4 October 2021

Challenge Finn: The third conditional




  • The third conditional is used for a past situation that didn't happen

In the video, Finn is lost. He says:

If I had paid attention…

In other words, in the past he did not pay attention. The past situation that did not happen is: Finn paying attention. That's the part we call the conditional clause, or the if clause. Next we have the result:

… I wouldn't have got lost

This is the result of the past situation! It's the result clause or the main clause. Finn did get lost, but if the past was different, he wouldn't have got lost.

... And he wouldn't have found the big number three which was useful for this video.


Use third conditional in sentences of your own and post them below.

5 comments:

  1. 1. If I hadn't forgotten his number, I would have phoned him.
    2.If it hadn't rained, we would have gone fishing.
    3.If my sister had been here, she would have enjoyed this.
    4.If they hadn't drunk so much last night, they wouldn't have felt sick today.
    5. If he had worked more, he could have saved more money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Абдуллаева Патимат
    1.If you’d told me I would’ve remembered
    2.If the elevator hadn't stopped, I would have come to the meeting on time
    3.If you had come I wouldn’t have been offended
    4.If I had practiced more I would have passed this subject
    5.If she had taken an umbrella she wouldn't have got wet

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had told me earlier, I would have arrived on time.
    If he had won this competition, he would have become famous.
    If my mother hadn't scolded me, I would have gone to the party.
    If the bus hadn't broken down, I would have come to the first lesson.
    if you hadn't deceived me, everything would have been different.

    ReplyDelete

  4. If you had arrived at the airport earlier, you would have been on the plane on time.
    If he had bought the umbrella , i wouldn’t have got wet in the rain.
    If my boss hadn't fired me, I would have gone to the work.
    If the car hadn't broken down, I would have come to the airport.
    If my cat hadn't escaped , I would have been much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you had looked at the weather forecast in advance, you would not have been caught in the rain.
    If I bought a car, I wouldn't have to walk.
    if she hadn't lost her keys, she wouldn't have had to wait for her mother.
    if he had called in advance, they would have prepared for his arrival.
    if she hadn 't bought this dress , she would have regretted it later .

    ReplyDelete

Angelina Jolie receives the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award at the 2013 Governors Awards

  Watch the interview and answer the question: What problem does Angelina raise in her acceptance speech?